Friday 23 November 2012

Perspective

We were refreshed on the basics of perspective and this really opened my eyes to creating depth within a still image. Its a vital technique and mastering it takes a lot of practice. Although I had already learnt the basics, this exercises was still a learning experience.
We created a park bench scene and used perspective lines (created in Photoshop) to portray the depth.

The techniques learnt are shown throughout my sketch book in several projects.
I used a 2 point perspective technique to achieve the look.




These sketches were for a personal project of mine. I used my perspective skills to create the basic structure of an American city street meat stand. These sketches were then used for reference images for a 3D model. the 3D model is now in my online portfolio.
As these were basic, quick sketches, I centred my vanishing point to the middle of the page and used simple shading to create a basic 3 dimensional effect. (Nothing fancy)

 Final 3D models




No comments:

Post a Comment